Big Break for Small Business is a contest from American Express Open and Facebook that is open to US small business owners. Online community members vote for the small businesses that are most deserving of a chance to build their business. You only need to answer a few questions, and submit some pictures to enter and it is a good chance to gain publicity for your brand. Even if you don't win, you will receive $50 worth of Facebook ad credits that you can use to promote your small business.
In order to be enter the contest, you must run a for-profit business with less than $10 million in annual revenue. Not all types of businesses are eligible, so make sure to read the official rules on the contests Facebook page before you enter.
Ten finalists, selected by a panel of expert judges, will receive $2,500 in Facebook advertising credits, a custom video created by American Express to promote their business during voting, and a digital toolkit to help engage their community. The five winning businesses will receive $25,000, as well as a strategy session with Facebook and American Express Open.
All contest entrants need to add answer three questions and submit a few pictures through the Big Break for Small Business app (see photo below).
Here are some submission tips from American Express Open's Facebook page:
- Demonstrate your commitment to your customers and community -- not just your small business.
- Show your enthusiasm. The judges are looking for business owners who are passionate about what they do.
- Don't be afraid to brag. This will help the judges see what makes you a business superstar.
- Write answers that are clear, concise and honest.
- Make sure you engage your Facebook fans as part of the process. You will be judged on how passionate your online community is, in addition to your answers and photos.
The deadline to enter the Big Break for Small Business contest is July 13.