- There were 718,800 management consultant jobs in the US in 2010. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The median annual salary for management consultants in 2010 was $78,160. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The top 10% of management analysts earned over $138,790 in 2010. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Most management consultants (13.7%) in 2011 worked in the technical services industry. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- 23% of management consultants are self-employed and 19% work for the government.(ONet Online)
- The consulting industry is supposed to grow between 20% and 28% between 2010 and 2020 with an estimated 274,300 new jobs. (ONet Online)
- The metropolitan area with the most management consultant jobs (50,160) is Washington DC, followed by NYC (28,920) and Atlanta (23,540). (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Management consultants in New York State get paid the most (an average annual salary of $103,540). The other top paying states are Massachusetts, Georgia, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
Consulting Statistics [MBA Friday Facts]Written by Nicole Willson
Management consulting is one of the most popular career paths for MBAs. How much does a Management Consultant make? Where are the consulting jobs? Find out in our consulting edition of MBA Friday Facts.